STRUGGLE TO CONTAIN THE CORONAVIRUS COVID-19 PANDEMICMonday, 19 October 2020 News
A message by Marie-France ZUMOFEN, Executive Director of ISIPCA.
Wherever you come from, moving forward in a safe environment is our first common goal!
To date, the best way to reach our goal and enable us all to study and work successfully is to IMPLEMENT REAL HEALTH MEASURES AND PRACTICE PHYSICAL DISTANCING.
We are obviously not denying that the virus is rampant all over the world, but we will not stop living, studying and socializing. So we must all do our best to protect everyone and create a healthy and safe environment. No doubt we can all do it!
At ISIPCA, the Leading Graduate School of the Greater Paris Chamber of Commerce and Industry, dedicated to Business and Science in Fragrances, Cosmetics and Flavors, we are all responsible and aware. After a long period of distance learning mixing a few short periods on campus, before the summer, all students of our French-taught programs have been back to our charming campus in Versailles since 1 September 2020 along with our faculty members, researchers and teams and partners. And we look forward to welcoming our International Freshers very soon online first and then on campus.
Everyone is doing well and respecting all the measures we have taken to protect themselves and other students, their families, friends and colleagues and teammates from the coronavirus disease Covid-19.
We follow daily news on health instructions that we respect very closely, such as wearing a face mask in all areas of the school, inside and outside, physical distancing.
If educational sequences require removing the mask for a very short period of smell or taste, we make an alcoholic solution available at all times to disinfect the hands as well as the occupied workstation.
Then all our students apply the major hygiene measures at school/at home/on public transport:
• wearing a clean and properly disposed face mask
• washing their hands often with soap and water or hand sanitizer
• coughing or sneezing into their elbow or using a tissue
• using a paper tissue and then throwing it in a trash can
• using cleaning wipes for our studying space / workspace and IT devices
• ventilating confined spaces • NEVER shaking hands, hugging and kissing others
• staying at least one metre away from other people whenever it is possible
• NOT participating in mass gatherings, such as dancing/singing parties
• avoiding crowded places.
At last, we are very careful and protect ourselves and others by:
• disinfecting shared facilities
• following students individually and advising them at the first sign or symptom
• self-isolating while awaiting test-results or during medical treatment
• regularly informing the classes and staff of the progress of each Covid-19 case.
Take care and never give up!
Reach your goals and achieve your projects with awareness and responsibility!
I wish you all every success at ISIPCA.